Our History BPUSD Newsletters Disclaimer In The News
Meeting Schedule Citizens' Advisory and Oversight Committee BPUSD Board Policies Our Board of Education Board Study Session, May 22, 2010
Superintendent's Office Business Services Early Childhood Education Educational Technology and Support (ETS) Health Services Human Resources Maintenance and Operations Nutrition Services Performing Arts Center of Baldwin Park Risk Management / Benefits School Police Department Special Education Department Student Achievement Student Services Support Services Transportation
Webmail Links GLAD Common Core Technology Tools to Support 21st Century Bloom's Taxonomy
Early Childhood Education Elementary Schools Middle/Junior High Schools High Schools Adult School Adult Transition Program
Links Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten and 1st Grade 2nd and 3rd Grade 4th, 5th, and 6th Grade 7th and 8th Grade High School English High School Mathematics High School Science High School History and Social Studies Career Center
Parent Information Common Core Online Resources BPUSD Fliers - Peachjar

Campus Information


4640 N. Maine Ave. 

Baldwin Park, Ca 91706





3900 Puente Ave.

Baldwin Park, CA 91750





2000 Badillo St.

West Covina, CA 91750


Office Hours

Adult Career Training (ACT) Center

Monday - Thursday 8:00 am to 8:30 pm

Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm

Frequently Asked Questions

Who can enroll at BPACE?

You may enroll in classes at Baldwin Park Adult School if you are at least 18 years old. There are no enrollment restrictions associated with your place of residence.

Is BPACE accredited?

BPACE is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and The Council on Occupational Education (COE).

What programs does BPACE offer?

Adult Basic Education, English as a Second Language, High School Subjects, Career Technical Education and Older Adult Programs.

Can I get college credit for the classes I take at BPACE?

No, however, BPACE does have an articulation agreement with some community colleges which allow our students to receive waivers on pre-requisites to college courses.

Do I have to pay for books?

It depends on which course you enroll in at BPACE.  Some courses have a required textbook that you need to purchase.  Other courses provide the textbooks free of charge for classroom use.

I do not speak English very well.  Can I still take a vocational class?

You need to meet with a BPACE counselor before enrolling in any career technical education classes.  At that time, he/she will assess your English ability for success in the course.

Can I take the GED test at BPACE? 

Yes, BPACE is an official testing site.  We offer the GED test throughout the year in English and Spanish.  We also offer test preparation classes.

Can I enroll at anytime during the year?

For most of the classes, yes, however, there are a few classes for which there is a specific start date. BPACE operates in quarterly sessions. To obtain the maximum benefit from each class, it is important to register at the beginning of each session.

I want to go back to school but I don’t know what to study.  What can I do?

 Make an appointment with one of our counselors who will meet with you, provide academic guidance and help you get started.

I have not attended school in a long time.  Are the teachers understanding and can I work at my own pace?

Yes, all of our teachers are qualified Adult Education teachers who are caring and understanding.  They will give you an orientation, review study skills, and work with you at your own pace.  They are here to serve the adult learner.

What are your policies for payment of fees?

Full tuition must accompany your registration. Payment may be made in the form of cash, Visa, Master Card and Discover.

Is there a charge for parking at Baldwin Park Adult School?
There is NO charge for parking at any of our school sites.

Can I get a refund if I don't like the class?

It is the intent of Baldwin Park Adult and Community Education (BPACE) to have a
fair and equitable refund policy for the refund of tuition fees in the event that the
class is cancelled or the student does not plan to attend. Click on the link to access the BPACE Refund Policy

Do you offer financial aid?

Yes.  Training programs that qualify as Federal Pell Grant programs are noted in the Brochure by the letter (P).  Visit office “D” at the Adult Career Training (ACT) Center or call (626) 856-4127 or (626) 856-4129 for more information or see page 19 In our brochure.

Do you offer job placement services?

We have a full time Job Developer who prepares students with pre-employment skills such as resume and application preparation, interview techniques and provides job placement information.

How long does it take to complete your program?

This depends on the course of study you choose.  All the courses have different timelines depending on the curriculum.  Estimated hours of completion are listed in the course catalog.

Can I enroll in more than one class at a time?

Yes, as long as you pay the enrollment fee for each class.

Are childcare services available for evening classes?

Yes, from M-TH 5:00p.m. –10:00p.m. Children must be at least 2 years of age. All children must me toilet trained and have proper vaccinations. 

What type of student services do you provide?

We offer babysitting, counseling, financial aid, job search services, and a library.  We also have a Student Leadership Committee.

I'm interested in registering in an older adult class, what do you consider an older adult?

You must be 55 years old.

Are your classes handicapped accessible?

Baldwin Park Adult School is committed to making its classes accessible whenever possible. For questions about accessibility please call or email our office. 

What if I am not satisfied with a class?

We are proud of the quality of our programs. If you are not satisfied with a class, please contact us immediately and we will do everything we can to address your concerns.



What if the class is too difficult or too easy for me? Can I transfer to another one? 

You may transfer to another class. .If there is a waiting list for the new class your name will be put on that list.

How many times can I miss a class?

You can miss 3 class meetings. If your teacher excuses these absences, you may remain in class. If not, you will need to put your name on a waiting list or wait until the next semester to register for the class. 

How do I know for which level of English class I should register?

You will be given a placement test when you register for the class.



Will I qualify for a license or be prepared to take a state license exam when I complete your courses?

Yes.  All adult schools and colleges that offer classes like Cosmetology, Electrician, and Pharmacy Technician are all required by the state of California to offer the same curriculum as prescribed by various state agencies.  These agencies include the Department of Public Health, Department of Consumer Affairs - Board of Barbering and Cosmetology, Division of Apprenticeship Standards - Electrician Certification, California Board Of Vocational Nursing And Psychiatric Technicians, The American Massage Therapy Association, and the California State Board of Pharmacy.

Are the Cosmetology and Café services available to the public?

Yes.  Please call us or email us for more detail information.

What time of day do you offer your classes?

Most of our classes are in the morning hours Monday through Friday, and in the evening Monday through Thursday.  For more specific information see our brochure.

Do you provide any outside the classroom work experience opportunities?

Some of our classes provide 100 hours of unpaid work experience.

Can I get college credit for attending BPACE?

No, however, BPACE does have an articulation agreement with some community colleges which allow our students to receive waivers on pre-requisites to college courses.

Do you have entry requirements or pre-requisites for your classes?

Yes.  Most of our classes require different levels of basic skills for entry into these classes.  Please call our counseling department for more information at 626.856.4121.